RBR fermata & fermette³
RBRfermata & RBRfermette³ – RBRs Underwater Battery Canisters
The RBRfermata battery canister is rated to 750 dbar and can extend deployments for all RBR instruments and other devices requiring a nominal 12 V supply.
It can prolong the life of all deployments by providing 1 kWh of power to any underwater instrument. For standard RBR instruments, this is approximately a 40x improvement to our extended battery carriage capacity.
Alternatively, you can extend deployments using the RBRfermette3. Featuring a single MCBH connector, this battery canister accommodates 8 AA cells.
RBR fermata Key Features
• 56 D-cell capacity (1kWh nominal)
• Full diode and fuse protection
• Pressure relief valve in bottom end-cap
• Three MCBH connectors for distribution
• Freely available battery pack drawings
• Alkaline and lithium variants available
RBR fermette³ Key Features
• 8 AA cell capacity (24Wh – 60Wh nominal)
• Single MCBH connector for distribution
The RBRfermata has four MCBH connectors mounted on the top end-cap, and the battery pack design includes 56 D-cells, soldered with reverse- and short-circuit protection, in a single wrapped pack.
It can also be added to platforms such as the Del Mar Oceanographic (DMO) Wirewalker to extend deployments by a factor of 20 and provide power for inductive telemetry to the surface.