Marine / Oceanography Science Graduate
£20-23k, flexible working, supportive culture, opportunities for progression, 25 days holiday
Port Solent Marina, Portsmouth, UK
RS Aqua is the UK’s leading and largest marine science technology and subsea scientific equipment supplier. Our vision is to enable exceptional understanding of marine and freshwater environments for a safe and sustainable future. We are a high growth company, with over 25% year on year growth for 4 years straight. To continue our growth journey, we are looking for a passionate and committed Marine Science or Oceanography Graduate to join the team.
We recently relocated our HQ to custom designed, modern offices and workshops in the beautiful Port Solent Marina, Portsmouth. You will be based in Port Solent, with occasional travel in the UK and internationally.
You will be based within a team that supports our customers and collaborators across the marine science technology user communities by providing technical, commercial and application advice about the technologies we provide for scientific data gathering. Confidence, credibility and impeccable communication skills are essential for this role, as you will be dealing directly with marine science, oceanography and marine conservation end users.
You will receive comprehensive training, then you will be expected to maintain high levels of technical competence in meteorological / ocean data gathering, oceanography, underwater noise, marine robotics and other subsea engineered technologies.
Experience & Qualifications
- Marine Science / Oceanography / Subsea Engineering graduate or postgraduate degree.
- Experience of working hands-on with science technology instruments or equipment.
- Applied research or commercial experience in the maritime domain a bonus.
- Evidence of extracurricular team activities such e.g. sports, clubs or societies, to support your Professional and Personal Development to date.
- Passionate and dynamic by nature.
- You must be a high-level communicator, in person, in writing and online.
- Collaborative; able to thrive in a high-performing team environment.
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally, frequently and often alone.
- You must have the right to work in the UK, and you must be able to pass detailed background security checks.
Please submit your CV and covering letter directly to RS Aqua for the attention of the Managing Director, via email@example.com
Deadline: Monday 25th November 2019.
No Agencies Please.
Talk to one of our advisers
Get in touch with us for further information or for a conversation about any of our innovative and reliable ocean technology systems, sensors or services.